Welcome To Potomac Education Alliance
You went to school to prepare for your career.
Now it’s time to prepare for your retirement.
Courses taught throughout Northern Virginia.
Retirement Planning Today®
You’ve worked hard to provide for your family and save for your future. Now, there is a course that teaches how to keep more of what you earn and make your money work harder for you.
Whether you are just beginning to develop a retirement plan or rapidly approaching retirement, you should enroll in this course. You will learn how to define long-term goals and return from the class with practical information you can apply immediately.
This course includes a 225-page illustrated textbook. Couples may attend together for a single registration fee. Class sizes are limited so register today.
Life Planning for Retirement
- Traditional vs. new retirement
- New retirement opportunities
- Values and objectives in nine areas of life
- The retirement planning process
Retirement Needs & Expenses
- Early retirement trends
- How long must your money last?
- Inflation, prices and purchasing power
- Real rate of return
- Retirement expectations
- How much will you need to retire?
- Can you retire today?
Retirement Roadblocks & Mistakes
- Ten retirement planning mistakes
- Financial and cash-flow statements
- Credit and debt
- Taxes and marginal tax rates
- Eleven strategies to save money on taxes
- Taxable investments
- Capital gains income tax exclusion
- Investments with tax advantages
Retirement Income Sources
- Traditional IRAs
- Roth IRAs
- IRA to Roth IRA conversions
- Other retirement income sources
- Social Security eligibility and benefits
- Employment income and Social Security
- Employer-sponsored defined benefit plans
- Employer-sponsored defined contribution plans
Retirement Plan Distributions
- Retiring or changing jobs?
- Defined benefit and contribution plans
- Three important considerations
- Lump sum vs. IRA transfer vs. annuity payments
- Rollovers, direct rollovers and transfers
- Annuity income and choices
- Early retirement considerations
- Minimum required distributions
- Considerations before you invest
- Cash accounts
- Stocks and bonds
- Mutual funds
- Exchange traded funds
- Unit investment trusts
- Individually managed accounts
- Tax-deferred annuities
- Investment risk management strategies
Risk Management & Asset Protection
- Disability income insurance
- Health insurance and Medicare
- Long-term care and insurance
- Comparing life insurance
- Planning for incapacity
- A will may not be enough
- Gifting assets
- Joint ownership of property
- Direct transfer assets
- Benefits of trusts
- Types of trusts
This presentation should not be used as a basis for legal and/or tax advice. In any specific case, the parties involved should seek the guidance and advice of their own legal and tax counsel. Estate planning is done in conjunction with your estate planning attorney, tax attorney and/or CPA.